Bryan Ma O.D. Optometry Inc.
Bryan Ma, O.D.
Optometry located in Orange, CA
While the most important part about eyeglasses is getting crystal clear vision, what really matters to most patients is the incredible choice of frame styles at Bryan Ma, O.D. Optometry. After Dr. Ma examines your eyes and uses cutting-edge technology to precisely determine your eyeglass prescription, the fun part begins as you choose from today’s top styles and designer brands. If your vision is blurry, schedule an eye exam by calling the office in Orange, California, or using the online booking feature.
Eyeglasses Q & A
What causes refractive errors?
Eyeglasses are designed to correct the following refractive errors:
- Nearsightedness (myopia): nearby objects are clear; distance vision is blurry
- Farsightedness (hyperopia): distant objects are clear; nearby or close-up vision is blurry
- Astigmatism: blurry vision of nearby and distant objects
- Presbyopia: close-up vision is blurry; difficulty reading
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism develop when light isn’t properly focused on the retina. This usually happens due to a cornea that’s not perfectly round, but the problem can also be caused by an irregular lens. Presbyopia develops due to age-related changes in the lens.
What should I consider when choosing eyeglass frames?
At Bryan Ma, O.D. Optometry, you can choose from a wide variety of eyeglass frames. They carry numerous designer brands and keep up with today’s trends and styles, so they frequently restock with the latest frames.
You’ll also receive as much help as you need when it comes to choosing eyeglasses that convey your personal style. Beyond frame color, here are some eyeglass options to consider:
Plastic and metal are two of the favorite frame materials, but you have other options. You may want to consider flexible frames to reduce breakage or blended nylon for sports frames. You can also get frames made from hypoallergenic materials.
Frames to complement your face shape
Certain shapes and styles are better for different face shapes. The team at Bryan Ma O.D. Optometry has extensive experience explaining how frame shapes affect your appearance.
What specialized eyeglasses are available?
In addition to making frame decisions, you can also choose from a variety of specialized eyeglasses and lenses. These are a few examples:
- Multifocal lenses: bifocals correct for reading and distance vision; trifocals correct for near, intermediate, and distance vision
- Progressive lenses: bifocals without the visible line between the two zones
- Toric lenses: specially engineered to correct for astigmatism
- Prescription sunglasses: choose from their large selection of designer sunglasses
- Photochromic lenses: automatically darken in response to sunlight
- Polarized lenses: diminish glare and reduce eye fatigue
- Computer glasses: anti-fatigue lenses optimized for use at a computer or lenses that reflect blue light
You have many eyeglasses frames and lens choices, but Dr. Ma is available to guide you through the process. To schedule an appointment, call Bryan Ma, O.D. Optometry or book an appointment online.